Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our Summer

So my plan was to keep updating what we did this summer.....FAIL!!!!!

Well, we did A LOT!

Camping for 2 nights with friends, Whistler for 6 nights - just us, Long Beach for 4 nights with Josh's family, Great Wolf Lodge, blueberry picking, blackberry picking, raspberry picking, strawberry picking...what he heck...let just do'em all!, Laine had swimming lessons, played with neighborhood friends, went bowling, worked on my Mom's yard, planted and harvested a garden, went to the Fair....got sick at the Fair, JJ learned to ride his bike with no trainers, spent the Labor Day weekend with friends in Yakima - sadly no sunshine to bid farewell to the summer... and even though we were super busy, there were things that we didn't get to that I would have liked to...at least there's next year!

And, to top it all off, it was the most beautiful, warm summer and I know the kids had a fabulous time...I know I sure did!

Now, Laine has started her second week of 1st grade with the teacher she so badly wanted - Mrs. Petersen, who, curiously enough was a high school classmate of Josh's in Vancouver.
JJ starts his second year of preschool on Thursday - he'll be gone 4 afternoon's a week. What will I do with my time? Oh, I'm sure I'll find plenty to do...or maybe I'll treat myself so some "me" time.

We have a quiet month and then some activities start for the kids. Both will be doing gymnastics and JJ will do basketball. I'm sure more things will pop up unexpectedly, but for now, I'll just enjoy the slow pace of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment